Fall Camp 2020 The date is set... are you ready? Athens Orchestra Camp 2020 August 14, 15, 16 @ Michindoh
COVID - 19 Update as of 6/10/2020 : We are planning on attending fall camp at Michindoh Conference Center. If Michindoh cannot accommodate us, we will do a day camp at Athens High School during the same weekend. If the TSD does not permit any summer camps this year, we will cancel camp. If we need to cancel camp, all students who have registered will receive a full refund of what they have paid. If we have camp at AHS, you will be refunded a portion of your camp payment to cover operating costs - we can operate at a MUCH lower budget if we have camp at "home." That price will most likely be around $50 per person; but has yet to be determined.
**CAMP MUSIC IS AVAILABLE IN THE STUDENT AREA (password is the AHS orch director's last name, all lowercase).
CAMP is on as of right now, but registration ends at the end of June. Please register on our website to reserve your spot. Registration means you have paid at least a $5 deposit to go to camp. All information is on our website.
Thank you for all of your hard work, both students and parents. This was not an easy spring, but we made it. Take time, relax, and recharge. You deserve it! All the best!
We would LOVE to hear what you're listening to! Please post here! Scroll left/right and down/up
May 2021 trip to disney
Greetings, Now that we have gained a better understanding on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) as it has developed, we have ultimately decided to move the Disney trip to Memorial Day weekend 2021 (5/28-5/31). After speaking with our administration, our travel company, and watching current travel patterns, we feel this is the best way for us to ensure the trip happens without cancelation and allows us to properly fundraise. If we were to continue with the trip in January, we would not have nearly enough time to fundraise as much as we had planned, it would lessen the time frame to make payments on the trip, and there are too many unknown factors about the COVID-19 virus. We know this may come as a disappointment to some; as directors this was a tough decision but we feel that moving the trip later in the year will give us better security and peace of mind with finances and the travel situation. We see the Disney trip as a "light at the end of the tunnel" and a source of joy for many of our families (ourselves included!) and the last thing we want to do is cancel the trip. While we deeply regret continuing to bump things backwards, we feel that this is the best way for our students to travel safely while still having a proper amount of time to fundraise and prepare financially.
That said, everything about the trip remains the same: the overall cost, inclusions, fundraising plan, etc. We're pushing the entire operation back a few months.
Thank you for your flexibility, understanding, and patience during this time. Stay well and please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.
Ryan Quinn, Orchestra, email@example.com Adam Cable, Band, firstname.lastname@example.org Adrienne Covian, Choir, email@example.com