FALL CAMP 2023
AUGUST 11, 12, 13 2023
MICHINDOH CONFERENCE CENTER IN HILLSDALE, MI
****Any student attending the International Academy cannot participate in any Athens Orchestra event or class.
to attend camp, you must fill out this health form:
Fall Camp Payment/Registration
$5.00 - $170.00
Registration means you have paid at least $5 to reserve a spot at camp. That's it!
Full camp payment will be $170. It includes all food (including snacks), t-shirt, transportation, and memories to last a lifetime. If you choose to pay a different amount, please pay the remaining balance 7 days before we leave for camp. Prior to attending camp, you will need to fill out this health form.
CAMP 2021 WAS A HUGE SUCCESS! SCROLL BELOW TO SEE OUR VIDEO!
Fall Camp 2021
August 13, 14, 15
at Michindoh conference center in hillsdale, mi
Seniors (grade 12 only) need to arrive AT ATHENS HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT LOT: 6:00am on Friday to leave for camp. Seniors may leave their cars in the parking lot at Athens.
Parents should arrive at 2:45pm on Sunday for our AOPA (Athens Orchestra Parent Association) Reception prior to the students coming back. Once the students arrive, luggage should go in cars and students will prepare for the concert at the school.
Concert Time on Sunday at Athens High School: 4pm. Following the concert & cleanup, students are dismissed to go home.
Students will get a round trip bus ride provided by the school district.
- Do I put my violin or viola on the trailer? No. The trailer is for cellos and basses only, as they are inconvenient to take on the bus in addition to your luggage. Violins and violas will go with their student on the bus. Only cello and bass players need to load their instrument on the trailer Thursday afternoon. HOWEVER, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR EQUIPMENT HAS YOUR NAME ON IT.
- I regularly take medication. Do I take it with me or give it to a chaperone? Please keep it with you. We trust that you understand your dosage and needs for the medication. This also includes ibuprofen, acetaminophen (etc.), if your child takes it regularly. Our first aid kit is for emergencies only. Please have your own medicine with you, do not give it to the chaperones.
- Do the cabins have air conditioning? YES. All rehearsals spaces and cabins have air conditioning.
- I have food allergies, can I bring my own snacks? Michindoh's policy is to not have snacks in the cabins because of critters and insects. However, there will be no "check" or "disposal" of snacks by our chaperones. Please make sure to voice your allergies to the kitchen staff. We are also purchasing snacks for the students, and we are trying our best to keep them as allergy-friendly as possible. Many students with allergies/food sensitivities end up bringing their own snacks. Please keep them sealed in a bag or container.
- I see that I cannot wear a 2-piece bathing suit, but I don't own a 1 piece. Can I still swim? Yes. But you need to wear a dark-colored shirt over your suit if you wear a 2 piece bathing suit. Men need to wear full length (traditional) swim trunks.
- Will I get to choose my cabin? We will ask all sophomores and freshmen to pair off with someone they want to share a cabin with. Then we will assign those pairs to the cabins. This ensures that you still bunk with a friend, but will have ample opportunity to get to know the other students in the orchestras and make new friends.